[Scribus] Color swatches - Legal and technical issues

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jan 29 00:31:40 CET 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 00:11:38 Olivier BERTEN wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been looking around about color swatches in Scribus these last days
> and I happen to ask myself some questions.
>
> Legal issues :
> - Is it ok to use proprietary swatches (read Pantone) outside of the
> application it's distributed with?
> - Is it ok to convert these swatches into another format?

That would require you to read the license agreement that is supplied with the
software in question which will probably include a norte regarding any
included files such as swatches.

This is not a Scribus issue, as such, because you could be trying to use a
file from application A with application B (where A and B are not Scribus).

Craig