[Scribus] Font shadow

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Jul 1 03:40:23 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 1. Juli 2007 03:16 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> The shadow effect is solid black, when it should be screened about 50%
> or less. It would be even cooler if it could blend out behind the text.
> I could do the effect in Photoshop as a graphic, but if there is a way
> to do it directly in Scribus it would save time. Is there a way to
> change the defaults for the shadow effect?

If you hold down the mouse/cursor longer, you can change the offset of the
shadow (that's why there is the little arrow in the button). Once a shadow
(or another relevant effect) has been applied, you can change the colour and
the opacity for it with the line settings in the Properties Palette.

To create something like blending out, you have to use a workaround. First
read the instructions here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_fill_a_Scribus_text_with_an_image.

Create a copy of your text frame and apply the steps steps described in the
tutorial to the copy, but only up to step 3. Then, instead of converting the
copy into an image frame, open the colour tab in the Properties Palette and
apply a radial gradient. The outside colour has to be "None". Once everything
is to your satisfaction, move the copy behind the original text.

HTH

Christoph