[Scribus] Copy and paste

rcook at pcug.org.au rcook
Mon Jul 2 03:50:10 CEST 2007

> Scribus 1.3.3.8, Ubuntu Feisty amd64
>
> Is there a secret way to copy and paste text from other applications? I
> have text in a Firefox page, selected and copied it, but Scribus
> continues to paste something I placed in the clipboard several hours
> ago from another program. I pasted the new text into Gedit as an
> interim, but Scribus is still seeing the old data.

I suspect it depends on your window manager to some extent. Copy and
pasting is yet another mystery

This is what I do on my 32 bit Ubuntu Feisty with Gnome

Select by highlighting the application text
Use that application's Edit->Copy
Go to the Scribus text editor
Scribus Text editor Edit->Paste

Works every time.

What doesn't work, but did on KDE (I think) was to simply highlight the
selected text and click paste into the editor

Owen