[Scribus] Generating funds for and from the Scribus community

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 2 10:51:16 CEST 2007

> I am not sure if this has been attempted before, but one way of spreading
> the word on Scribus could be through seri mugs or t-shirts
>     which can give awareness for the logo (just a suggestion on the
objects,
>     these days they do everything you can imagine).
>
>     It could also be a nice way to raise funds from the community to pay
for
>     hosting and other development costs - after all paying 20-25 EUR for a
> t-shirt which generates 15-20 eur profit for the Scribus community is
really
>     cool way to support the work we all enjoy and actually use.
>
>     In that respect more visibility on scribus.net for a way to donate to
>     the Scribus project is possibly the first step in generating funds.
The
>     Scribus project is open-source but this does not mean that those in
the
>     community who can afford a small monetary contribution should not be
>     incentived to do so.
>
> For example I would rather find it normal that
>     downloads offer the possibility to go to a donation page.

The Scribus Team should be able to support this within some decent
timeframe. Peter attempted registering an organisation but for various
reasons, including the total incompetency of French bureaucracy at one
location, the initial attempt failed. Perhaps Peter has some news on this
new application.

Regards
Craig