[Scribus] Large space at bottom of text frames

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sat Jul 7 15:17:45 CEST 2007

2007/7/7, Paul Hosler <pahosler at gmail.com>:

>  Riku Leino wrote:
>
> John Brown wrote:
>
>  Hello All,
>
> First of all, I am a new user of Scribus.
>
> This is not a problem if I am writing black text on a white background.
> However, I want to make the text frame black with white text. I get a lot
> of unnecessary black space at the bottom of the frame.
>
> For example:
>
> I created a frame and set the font to Times New Roman, 72 pt. I added the
> text "pencil". I cannot drag the bottom of the frame up until it is just
> below the bottom edge of the "p". If I make the height of the frame less
> than 82 points, the text will disappear.
>
> I looked in the Frame Properties and the Story Editor, but I did not an
> option to control spacing (except line spacing, which did not help).
>
> I am using version 1.3.3.9 on Windows XP SP2.

>    This may be over simple, but my solution was to take advantage of
> layers.  I created a black box on one layer, white text in another (on top
> of the box layer), then after I had the text the way I wanted it I resized
> the black box.  A lot of formating can be made easier if you utilize layers.

Also, you can use 2 frames, one as the text holder and one as the coloured
background. The frame holding text can be any size big enough to hold the
text and make it readable. The background one can be set as precisely as
needed, as tight as needed.

HTH

Louis