[Scribus] Font Help Please

Stewart Noy windrunner
Mon Jul 9 20:04:43 CEST 2007

HARENDAL .h wrote:

> ** Hi Stewart
>
> Bad weather in the sky of France... But a good way to make fonts!
> So, find below the link to the new ADF web page (always under
> construction).
> I give this one as downloading plateform.(Sorry for my english on)
> http://perso.orange.fr/arkandis/ADF/
> You can find the Verana fonts as alternative weight for Vera sans, dejaVu,
> and Verina
> in the workshop page.
> Try by yourself and see if that is good and make your choice between
> Medium
> or Demi
> with scibus. Only TTF are Available. The sizes are unchanged, they can
> thus
> fit easily
> with the other Vera fonts you use.
>
> I advise the use of Postscipt fonts for printing, but Vera Sans don't
> exists
> in this format.
> So I decided to make an alternative one with somes little changes, find
> the
> name...!
> (hum!... no idea during save works). I tried to make the changes after
> seeing your PDF.
> It's a personnal and "artist" sight indeed (I don't know how explain that
> in
> english).
> Take a moment to see the sample made with Scribus, and please try it with
> your work to
> see if I had a good inspiration.
>
> The last addition is the GenomaADF font make fiew time ago after the
> Cedric
> SAGNE message about GillsansMT, and under development in PS type1 format.
> This one isn't made to copy
> the original one, but offer an alternative font. I espect extend it to CE
> later. Its real name
> will be GilliusADF...
>
> Cheers
> Hirwen

Hey, I've been playing around with the fonts on your site and there are a
few there that I think will come in handy! The set of Stewart ADF fonts are
also very similar to the Vera fonts that I use and will fit right in on the
many imported OpenOffice drawings that I will be using. Nice.

I took a good look at the VeraSansDemi and VeraSansMedium fonts that you
made. The Medium is too light, as there needs to be a clear distinction
between the name of the route and regular text. The Demi is better but still
seems too light though.
Is there a weight between Bold and Demi? This is a PDF of Demi including an
outline of 0.8% which is much closer to what I'm looking for -
http://www.hermannoyantiques.co.za/Demibold_outline.pdf

This is Bold http://www.hermannoyantiques.co.za/Bold.pdf
and this is Demi http://www.hermannoyantiques.co.za/Demibold.pdf

Anyway, enjoy the Tour if they happen to go through your area!
Cheers
Stewart