[Scribus] PDF Export Fonts problem still there ??

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Wed Jul 11 19:04:57 CEST 2007

Hi

I've been following the fonts embedding issue with PDF's (ie when the
font contains too high a number of glyphs) (in fact I reported on the
issue, sorry I cant find the Bug Ref Number).

But I was under the impression that this was fixed in 1.3.3.9 CVS or 1.3.4

But using Malex's latest builds 1.3.3.9 (3/May 2007), & 1.3.4 (27 May
2007) of Ubuntu packages, I am still getting issues where many usual
fonts can't be embedded into PDF's, only outlined. IE Arial Regular is
embedded ok, Times New Roman Regular won't embed and Arial Bold won't
embed. (These tests were made on the 1.3.4 version). These are very
regularly used fonts, that will cause many users problems. Excellent PDF
export is one of Scribus's best and well known features.

I need to get proper font embedding working as I have Scribus files that
the derived PDF's will go to the printers soon. Are there any
workarounds or further information for this?

--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins
Applications Engineer