[Scribus] PDF Export Fonts problem still there ??

Jean Ghali jghali
Wed Jul 11 19:21:02 CEST 2007

Julian Robbins wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been following the fonts embedding issue with PDF's (ie when the
> font contains too high a number of glyphs) (in fact I reported on the
> issue, sorry I cant find the Bug Ref Number).
>
> But I was under the impression that this was fixed in 1.3.3.9 CVS or 1.3.4
>
> But using Malex's latest builds 1.3.3.9 (3/May 2007), & 1.3.4 (27 May
> 2007) of Ubuntu packages, I am still getting issues where many usual
> fonts can't be embedded into PDF's, only outlined. IE Arial Regular is
> embedded ok, Times New Roman Regular won't embed and Arial Bold won't
> embed. (These tests were made on the 1.3.4 version).

I've got no problem embedding those fonts here with either 1.3.3.9 or 1.3.4.
You should check your font preferences. If "Subset" is checked for a
particular font, this will force subsetting on export.

Jean