[Scribus] Columns?

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Tue Jul 17 19:43:53 CEST 2007

Rank n00b here, Scribus 1.3.3.8 on Feisty amd64.

I want text in columns. The text was written in OOo Writer. I created a
text frame in Scribus, copied and pasted the text from Writer, fixed
the styles, and it looks OK. In the top menu I see View > Show Text
Frame Columns. I checked it, but I can't find any place to create the
columns in the text frame. I poked everywhere, and I read the
documentation, but how to create columns in text frames eludes me.

So I'm thinking, "maybe columns in a text frame are not yet
implemented. Fine, I'll just create additional frames and link them."
The text in the first frame is overset, so I created another text frame
to the right of it and linked the two frames. There is now a little
arrow showing the link from the first frame to the second, but the
overset text from the first frame does not flow into the second frame.
Again, I poked all over, but I can't find any way to get the text to
flow into the second frame.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there is a better way
to do what I want?