[Scribus] Exporting a pdf to import into scribus: icc colour pofiles

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 18 01:45:32 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2007 12:13 schrieb Conal:
> Hi
>
> Working on the August edition of G41 Newspaper here in Glasgow. We have
> just started creating the adverts to go in the paper as PDF files instead
> of JPEGs. We do this with Scribus. We then import these PDF files into
> Scribus as we are putting together the paper.
>
> However, colour management is still puzzling me. The final pages we send to
> the printer are PDF'd with the icc colour profiles set up correctly. Should
> I PDF the individual adverts with the "use icc profile" boxes marked, or
> will this confuse the final PDF'ing process?

Hi Conal,

the icc profiles shouldn't work at all with placed PDFs (this is fixed in
1.3.3.10svn), so the answer is no.

May I ask why you skipped JPEG in favour of PDF? Why don't you use TIFF
instead (there's a chapter about image formats in the docs)?

HTH

Christoph