[Scribus] Justification in 1.3.4

avox avox
Wed Jul 18 12:55:29 CEST 2007

Axel Bojer wrote:

> Cedric Sagne skrev:
>> Thanks Andreas for the 1.3.4 justification rules wiki article. I had to
>> read
>> it twice in order to understand it (a bit slow on a Sunday morning - more
>> coffee please !).
>>
>> Now I humbly think 1.3.3 rules should still be available as an option NOT
>> because they are technically better (not the case methinks) but in order
>> prevent massive messes (and therefore additional work and loss of
>> productivity) when working on old documents. This will also ensure that
>> as
>> many of us as possible are creating new documents in 1.3.4 knowing it is
>> downwards-safe when opening old stuff.
>> What about a dialog warning when opening old documents?
>
> Yes. Perhaps even better:
> The choice right away to
> a) keep all the settings as in 1.3.3.* (to do minor justifications)
> b) Use all the new and imroved things (to rework or do big changes to a
> document).
>
> But at least informing the user that these two methods are there should
> be a good thing IMHO. (Of course this would only occur when opening
> 1.3.3.*-documents).

As long as you keep the word spacing / glyph extension values to their
defaults,
1.3.4 / 1.3.5 should work exactly as 1.3.3.x. If you find a difference,
please file
a bug.

There will be a new paragraph layouter in 1.3.6 or 1.3.7, and then there
will be
a setting for the compatibility layout. Old documents will use the old
layouter,
new textframes will use the new one by default.