[Scribus] version 1.3.4 questions (bugs?)

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jul 18 18:52:51 CEST 2007

russbucket wrote:
> Several questions that may be bugs.
>
> SUSE10.2, Ghostscript 8.15.3, Scribus 1.3.4 build c-c-t-f-a 27 May 2007.
>
> I have a text frame that covers half of an 81/2" x 11" letter size page
>
> using the story editor I enter text, and update frame.
> 1) I have several styles one of them used on last line calls for centering the
> text. It does not center the text.

There does seem to be some glitchiness there. I note that this also
applies to right-justified. At the same time, it seems to be a problem
mainly (only?) when the frame is empty. Example: if you click Center
text, enter text, it stays on the left, and when to update the frame or
exit, it's left justifed. But if you stay in Story Editor and again
click the Center text icon, you should see it center in Story Editor and
will update the frame correctly. Does seem to be at least a minor bug.

> 2) After updating the text frame I insert a picture frame in the upper left
> corner, then select properties- shape- flow text around frame - use frame
> shape. I thought this would move text to right of picture frame. It does not.

This I'm not seeing. Make sure you're clicking Flow around frame for the
/image/ frame not the text frame -- have made this mistake myself in the
past.

Greg