[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

dax702 dax702
Thu Jul 19 01:47:53 CEST 2007

Hi all, I just did a search on Google for desktop publishing and went to
Wikipedia and that's how I found out about Scribus. I have to put a 60 page
book together for printing and it will include these music notation
references throughout the book.  The music part was done a long time ago and
the only output option from that software that seems like it will be usable
for print is "high resolution png"  I have attached one of these png files
output from that software (though not the stuff for the book).   What I
would need to do is cut up a big image like this into the small references
and place them throughout the book.   What I need to know is if Scribus can
successfully import this type of image, and ultimately, can I use it for a
finished printed book?

If anyone who is experienced with this type of situation could point me in
the right direction as to what would be the best way to get these musical
reference images into the book, I would be most appreciative!

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11679934/JJG%2B08-06%2BGod%2BBless%2BThe%2BChild.png