[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Kite Lau kitelau
Fri Jul 20 04:48:15 CEST 2007

on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
dax702 <dax702 at cox.net> wrote:

> Yes, the software allows me to print to a printer.  I use it to print
> to a PDF file all the time.  However, I wouldn't know what to do or
> how to work with it in that sense? My plan was to use the PNG and
> just open it in photoshop and cut out the various pieces and import
> them into Scribus. If I were to export it to a PDF file, how could I
> work with it to crop out the references, etc.

Are you under Windows or Linux? Here under Linux command "pdftops" or
"pdf2ps" could be used to convert pdf file to ps (I think gsview could
be used for the similar converting purpose under windows), and then you
could directly import the result ps files into scribus (File -> Import
-> eps/ps) and do editing there like cropping. The other way is to
import the result ps into inkscape and edit there because inkscape could
save to svg or ps which could be imported to Scribus.

Kite