[Scribus] Paragraph justification in 1.3.4

Javier SOLA lists
Mon Jul 23 16:07:20 CEST 2007

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2007 18:38 schrieb John R. Culleton:
>
>> I see from the WIKI that the micrographic extensions of pdftex by Han
>> The Thanh are being incorporated into 1.3.4. Bravo! What is not
>> mentioned is the basic TeX justification method whereby the entire
>> paragraph is considered before the first line is justified.
>>
>> What is the status of this feature with respect to Scribus? Is it
>> already there, in the works or just a remote possiblity "someday?"
>>

> AFAIK, Andreas will implement it after 1.3.5.

When working on justification, it will be important to consider the
complex text layout languages. Some justification implementations (such
as Firefox) break the clusters when justifying (placing glue or
something between the characters, I guess), not allowing the text layout
engines to do their work properly and disabling the ligatures. The
result is unreadable text.

Javier