[Scribus] Scribus + Mandriva + network print problem.

Anne Wilson lists
Mon Jul 23 17:43:31 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 Jul 2007, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >> Something worth trying, since it's what is necessary with Fedora, is to
> >> use an alternative print command, 'lp -d printername' in the print
> >> requester. It remains unclear why Scribus is having trouble with this,
> >> since most other apps do not.
> >
> > Hi, Greg.  I had tried kprinter with 1.3.3.8, which didn't work either,
> > but I hadn't tried it with 1.3.3.9-1.  I can now confirm that kprinter
> > works fine, so it is definitely something in the Scribus printing that is
> > causing the problem.
> >
> > I'm happy to do any tests that will help track down the problem.
>
> Try putting 'lp -d yourprintername' in the Alternative Print Command box
> in the Scribus print requester.

Yes, that works - after a fashion.  It's back where we started, a landscape
layout across the middle of a portrait page.  Doubtless command parameters
can be added, but frankly, if I'm to use an alternative command, kprinter is
easier and gives me more flexibility.

Anne