[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Jul 24 23:41:50 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 23:34 schrieb dax702:
> I tried the high resolution setting, for some reason, it looks "best" on
> the low resolution setting.  See for yourself, take the image I attached
> and place it on the default A4 document, make the frame about 1.9 inches
> high, and fill the space horizontally between the margins.  Zoom out to
> 100%.  And change the preview resolution settings and watch what happens,
> when you pick the high res, it makes staff lines disappear.  I'm not nuts,
> well I don't think I am =)
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p11772292/mussample.png mussample.png

The resolution of the image is too low for printing, only 72 dpi. You need at
least 200 dpi, better 300 dpi. The reason it looks worse in full resolution
is that its "flaws" become obvious.

HTH

Christoph