[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 25 00:50:48 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2007 00:31 schrieb dax702:
> It's just a small music notation program called MusEdit,
> http://www.musedit.com/  It's lousy, difficult to work with and doesn't
> have a lot in the way of features for exporting but the work has already
> been done and that's what I have to work with.  I've used it to export to
> PDF many times before, but when it comes to DTP, I don't know how to
> properly print to an EPS/PS file so I can work with it easily in Scribus.

Well, I downloaded the test version, and it can only export to PNG and BMP,
shame on the vendor. You could try to export a high resolution version of
your file (PNG).

As for printing to PS: Install a PS printer driver from your Windows CD, eg.
an Apple Color Laserwriter. After installing, hit the "print" button. Choose
the PS printer and select "print to file". Printing that way will result in a
*.prn file. Rename the file to *.ps, and you can import it as PS into
Scribus.

HTH

Christoph