[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 25 22:10:23 CEST 2007

> I'm surprised that this fact was missed on a DTP list. Dpi in itself
> means nothing unless you know the dimensions of the image. Pixel
> count is everything.

You were right in that I shot off my reply a bit fast. But the real issue is
that the program dax702 works with is utter crap. You _can't_ choose a
certain resolution and size. Your only choice is a high or low resultion
bitmap, and the only file formats offered are BMP and PNG. That's it!

Obviously, the HighRes PNG isn't fit for print, and there's no way to change
that. A program for musical notation that doesn't export Postscript should be
banned, IMHO ;)

Cheers

Christoph