[Scribus] Bug or Feature ? Broken Images

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Fri Jul 27 15:28:18 CEST 2007

Hi

I've come across an odd but really annoying bug. I've haven't added it
to the bug tracker yet, in case there are other tips or ideas, or
workarounds to get around it.

A colleague designs files in Scribus 1.3.3.8 on Windows. I use Ubuntu
Linux 7.04 and Scribus 1.3.3.9 to open up the file. I get a lot of cases
of broken image links. Images are linked relative from the document
itself to the image filename.

This is how to reproduce this, if I open a Scribus file in one
directory, say

/datasheets/product1

then open another Scribus file that is in a different directory, ie

/datasheets-old/product2

then images on the second file don't load at all. 'Manage images' shows
an expected folder directory that is derived from the previously opened
Scribus file (product1).

I haven't tested this thoroughly, so I'm not quite sure exactly what the
problem is, but its confused me for a while.

Simple workaround is to quit Scribus completely, and open up file 2 on
its on, then the images all load perfectly.

Can someone try to replicate this, and see if they get the same
incorrect behaviour?
--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins