[Scribus] sk1 - coreldraw of linux with cmyk prepress/printing cababilities.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 6 14:38:29 CEST 2007

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I am having some fun doing a cover for an e-book using various tools.
> Thus far I have two TeX versions (quite different), a Gimp version
> and an Inkscape version.  I'll work on a Scribus version next.   See:
> http://typebye.com/test2.html
>
> Which cover does the list prefer? I'll try to duplicate it in Scribus.

Actually, I'd have to say none of them. The only that's not visually
distracting and disturbing is #1, but it seems bland and uninteresting.
At least with #1 you don't struggle to read the title, author and other
information. If you were going to try to make 2-4 work, the images need
to be de-emphasized (various ways to do this) so they're not the
dominant visual feature of the cover.

Greg