[Scribus] 1.3.4 on the homepage

Wesley T Allen wezlo
Fri Jun 8 04:40:25 CEST 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 4:16:53 pm Plinnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > mamem at gmx.net wrote:
> > > I think there is really a very big misunderstandig about the
> > > "status" of this 1.3.4 release. It should have been marked cvs or
> > > beta since the beginnig...
> > > It seems to be non stable, for non-production and developpment.
> > >
> > > This is what I understand in the answers on this list, and that
> > > the 1.3.3.9 and next 1.3.3.10 is the "stable" production
> > > branch...
> > >
> > > am I right?
> >
> > Use 1.3.4 only if you're willing to live dangerously.
> >
> > Greg
>
> Hi,
>
> Well, I was the one who did not put the 1.3.4 download link on the
> front page of www for a reason. I did not want new visitors to think
> that 1.3.4 was the default or stable release.
>
> That said, while 1.3.4 *is* a development release, it is very much
> usable and worth testing.

I think part of the problem is how spoiled we've been with Scribus' developer
releases.  Anytime one's come out I know I've been able to start using it
without any, or VERY few, problems right away.

You guys have been so good that I think people get confused  when a developer
release is sent out that acts a bit like...well...a developer release that
people get confused.

It's a curse that comes with success, think of it as geek paparazi.....

And, by the way, 1.3.4 is NICE - I can't wait to see where you go with it.

Wes