[Scribus] Justification in 1.3.4

avox avox
Sat Jun 9 12:32:19 CEST 2007

Stewart Noy wrote:

> Could someone please tell me if this is a bug or a feature in 1.3.4
>
> I create a doc in 1.3.3.9 and then open it in 1.3.4.
> The new justification in 1.3.4 now adds -2.6% Manual Tracking to the text
> resulting in the doc looking substantially different, especially when you
> have linked Text Frames. While it aims to look and fit better, the text is
> in fact now too condensed.

That's a bug: #5724 and #5771. It's definitely not some justification
strategy since I reject automatic change of letterspacing. And as long as
you dont change any of the new wordspacing / glyph extension / optical
margins settings, the layout should be exactly the same as in 1.3.3.x.
Anything else is a bug.

I wrote some comments on how the new justification strategy *should* work
here: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Better_Justification_in_1.3.4

/Andreas