[Scribus] Justification in 1.3.4

avox avox
Sun Jun 10 11:41:46 CEST 2007

Cedric Sagne-2 wrote:

> Thanks Andreas for the 1.3.4 justification rules wiki article. I had to
> read
> it twice in order to understand it (a bit slow on a Sunday morning - more
> coffee please !).

Probably my fault, I just wrote it down quickly.

> Now I humbly think 1.3.3 rules should still be available as an option NOT
> because they are technically better (not the case methinks) but in order
> prevent massive messes (and therefore additional work and loss of
> productivity) when working on old documents. This will also ensure that as
> many of us as possible are creating new documents in 1.3.4 knowing it is
> downwards-safe when opening old stuff.

That's exactly how it should be. Opening old docs should set the new layout
parameters in a way that the layout is the same as before (i.e. 100% for all
wordspacing and glyphextension settings and optical margins off).

Currently there is still a change where manual linebreaks are handled
differently than before, but I want to fix that, too. Up to now noone has
complained :-)

The wrong letterspacing is just a plain bug and is fixed in 1.3.5svn.

/Andreas