[Scribus] Apply text boxes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jun 19 14:59:26 CEST 2007

Andrew wrote:
> Many thanks Pierre, I thought there must be an easy way!
>

> Pierre Marchand wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 19 June 2007 13:01:09 Andrew wrote:
>>

>>> Hi. I'm new to scribus, but I'm used to indesign. I want to make a quite
>>> long document for text only. I'm only using scribus because I want two
>>> columns linked beside each other for a film script. Can't get started! I
>>> make a master page, add a text box to it, apply the text box to all
>>> pages, go back to the page view, no text box!? How do I apply a text box
>>> to all pages?
>>>

>> Don't use templates for this, it rather designed to repetitive contents.
>> When creating a new document, it's asked if you want automatic text frames,
>> that's it. Be carefull with long text documents and don't hesitate to split
>> it in smaller ones.

Master pages are not for the main content -- they are for background
elements that are constant from page to page, and therefore when edited
change on every page. They do incorporate page numbering, which will
increment from page to page.

See:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:6
and