[Scribus] Wordprocessor -> Scribus - but somewhat difficult

John R. Culleton john
Tue Jun 26 14:36:10 CEST 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 01:19, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Michael Engel wrote:
> > I searched for "italic fonts" and just found that there are some
> > reasons not to have it included - but this is not understandable
> > for the non-professionals.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Word_Processing_vs_DTP

It is interesting that TeX was not mentioned in the Wiki article. It
is an Open Source DTP application with a large number of users.  And
one can use italics there, e.g., "{\it Here is italicized text.}"  It
is in many ways more complete than the Scribus described in the wiki
article since footnotes, bibliography references, cross references,
math formulae, TOC, indexing,  variable running headers etc. are
provided for.

There are horses for courses of course and the kind of things I would
use Scribus for are different from the kinds of things I would use
TeX for.  I am not pitting one against the other, but merely
suggesting that it deserves to be mentioned in the wiki.

Surely there is a way to use italics in Scribus?
--
John Culleton