[Scribus] generating styled text for Scribus import

jrm at kw.igs.net jrm
Wed Jun 27 04:21:03 CEST 2007

Hi.

The situation is that my own program generates text for
import into Scribus, and I'm hoping for advice on ways
to style the text.  From a peek at text files created
by OpenOffice Writer, the Open Document Format looks
rather daunting.  I'm considering figuring out how to
generate RTF files, with the idea of then opening the
RTF file in OO Writer and then saving it as ODT for
import to Scribus.  The reason for considering RTF is
that a quick glance at early RTF versions makes the
format seem less daunting than ODT.  But maybe there
is somewhere a simple tutorial on how to generate
ODT?

Regards,
John MacPhail