[Scribus] implementing a CMYK workflow scenario with Gimp and Scribus

David Eyre david_eyre
Thu Mar 1 18:20:10 CET 2007

Gustavo Homem wrote...

>I have installed this plugin:
>
>http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml
>along with Adobe ICC Profiles.
>
>The printed results (on a laser printer) look quite
>similar....
>
>Can someone comments on the quality/correction of
>this workflow?

Hi Gustavo:

Following this post:

http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2007-February/022317.html

I changed our workflow. We no longer use the separate
plug-in. We do use colour management in Scribus, using
the ICC profile ISOnewspaper30v4. We export to PDF
1.3.

There didn't seem to be any noticeable decline in
quality.

Here's a PDF where the images - including the adverts,
which are all created in The Gimp - underwent CMYK
separation through the Separate plug-in:
http://www.southsidemedia.org/page3.pdf

And here's one where RGB JPGs were used, with active
colour management in Scribus:
http://www.southsidemedia.org/page3_2.pdf

We were happy enough to decide to stop using Separate.

All the best,

David