[Scribus] bugs in PDF export & PS import? (1.3.3.8)

John Beale beale
Mon Mar 5 23:23:52 CET 2007

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.8 on WinXP SP2. It is very functional and I really
appreciate this software being available.  I've noticed a few things; not
sure if some are bugs or intended behavior.

1) If I have just one item selected on the page in the Scribus editor and
then print to PDF (Print -> Adobe PDF device, using Acrobat Pro 7.0), only
that single item appears and the rest of the page is blank. If no object is
selected, then everything on the page appears as expected.

2) Printing to PDF as above, image colors become quite washed out in the
PDF viewer compared to what appears inside Scribus. This does not happen
with any other application printing to PDF that I've tried. Is Scribus
applying some dot-gain compensation, gamma or other profile? (I haven't
intentionally set any such control, that I know about.)

3) When trying to import EPS or PS files into Scribus, I see my bitmaps get
offset and mirrored.  I filed a bug against 1.3.3.6 on this with examples
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4824
The problem still happens with 1.3.3.8. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks for any tips!