[Scribus] How do I do color correction

Damien Hull dhull
Mon Mar 5 23:56:35 CET 2007

Hal V. Engel wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 20:48, Damien Hull wrote:
>
>> I have a Lexmark C534. The printed colors are not the same ones I see on
>> the screen. How do I fix this? I'm assuming this has something to do
>> with color correction.
>>
>> I've played around with this in the past. I was told that I can't get a
>> .icc file for the Lexmark C534. Maybe I should call them.
>>
>> I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>>

> You don't say what OS you are using.  But you can get profiles for any printer
> if you are willing to pay the price to get custom profiles made.   There is
> someone named Alastair M. Robinson who is active in the open source area that
> has an affordable custom printer profiling service.   You can find more
> information here http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/profiling.shtml.  You can
> NOT expect to get correct results in a color managed work flow if you don't
> have at least an OK profile for your printer model, the paper you are using,
> your printer driver and the driver settings you are using.  If you are on
> Windows or a Mac you may be able to get OK profiles from your paper vendor.
>
> Hal

I'm on Ubuntu Edgy. Which is about to be Feisty Fawn in April. I'm not
sure if that makes a difference.

As I mentioned in one of my posts about color I was able to get okay
color printing from Gimp. I was also able to get okay color from Scribus
using the pdf export option. Although it wasn't as good as Gimp. Not
sure why. I think more testing needs to be done.

The color correction stuff is more then a little confusing.

    * There should be a .icc file for my printer
    * I believe there should be a .icc file for my monitor
    * I was trying to use LittleCMS for color correction

I tried to create a color correction file for my monitor but I couldn't
get Scribus to use it. I'm not sure if I did it right. I wasn't able to
find a .icc file for my printer. Maybe I need to call the company and
ask for one. If they don't have one I'll check out the link you posted.
I hope he doesn't charge a lot.

What's this about the paper vendor and color correction? This is the
first time I've heard of this.