[Scribus] Installing separate Ghostscript version

avox avox
Tue Mar 6 18:45:39 CET 2007

Eilert wrote:

> Yes, I just want Scribus to use it, the rest of the CUPS and the whole
> zoo of apps in my (somewhat older) distro may keep on running as usual.
> So I need to compile and install the latest GS completely separated from
> the rest of the system. Is that possible?

Sure, just install to /usr/local. Also, if your distro offers both packages
they
will probably install to different locations or they'll use different
executable
names. While you are at it you can also install gsview and make it use the
new gs.

/Andreas