[Scribus] Installing ng - debian

Aurelien orl
Tue Mar 6 20:40:57 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:01:06PM +0100, Embrik Kaslegard wrote :

>     I'm new on this list, and new to Scribus as well. Now I am going to
> have a course wit teachers on Mars 30. I have had a look at Scribus
> 1.2, but I'm told that Scribus 1.3.x is much smoother.
>     My problem is that I can't install scribus-ng. I follow the How-To
> on:
> http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1
>     I put the adresses in /etc/apt/sources.list
>     apt-get update

[1]

>     Import the keys:
>     gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys EEF818CF
>     OK
>     gpg --armor --export EEF818CF | apt-key add -
>     This fails. I don't know why.
>     Is there anybody who can give me a hint?
>     I run sarge, kernel 2.6.8

Hum... That's quite odd that you have this gpg problem with Sarge, if I
remember well, Sarge doesn't use package signature verification
(debsig), it's just with Etch release that it has been included.
Thus, it's normal that gpg --armor --export ... fails, cause apt-key
can't work on Sarge (I'm perhaps wrong, but that's what I think).

Isn't there any scribus package for Sarge on tagancha.org ?

[1] If you don't have an error at this moment, then you don't need th
gpg trick.
just

apt-cache search scribus
	(there you must see scribus-ng)