[Scribus] Q: Adding image with transparency

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Mar 7 02:46:48 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 7. M?rz 2007 02:32 schrieb D. R. Evans:
> Craig Ringer said the following at 03/05/2007 08:24 PM :
> > Image frames have their own background colour, which in older versions
> > defaults to opaque white. If it's white, set the image background to
> > "None" to allow transparency to show.
>
> OK, mine seems to be opaque white (at least, if I untick "Image Visible",
> the frame turns opaque white) but where do I set the image background to
> "None" instead of white?

Select the image frame, open the properties palette, go to the "Colour" tab
and select "None". If want to make this the default behaviour, you can do so
in "File > Preferences" (general) or "File > Document Setup" (current
document) under "Tools".

HTH

Christoph