[Scribus] GUI thoughts - no newbie, no copy

phriedrich phriedrich
Mon Mar 12 10:56:01 CET 2007

Am 12.03.2007 um 09:33 schrieb Cedric Sagne:

> So it seems it is natively available on Ubuntu. As I am on Windows
> I thought
> something like this was not available at all.
> I understand the need is then reduced to Windows users but users on
> other
> platforms acknowledge it is a powerful GUI feature...
> Any projects then? Is it in the development agenda at all? Is someone
> working on it?

No it's not Ubuntu-related, it's done by the window manager.

And for Linux there are several great window manager/desktop
enviroments doing this.
KDE can do this for years, I've seen it on XCFE and I use this often
on enlightenment.

So it's not really a task for Scribus developers to work around the
lacks of Windows window
managing features.

Regards,
Friedrich