[Scribus] Different Distros - different versions of Scribus?

Nicholas Vettese nvettese
Mon Mar 12 13:05:21 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Elaine de Saxe
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:39 AM
To: Scribus List
Subject: [Scribus] Different Distros - different versions of Scribus?

Good morning ... I'm playing about with Linux distros trying to
decide which one/s will do what I need ...

Out of the myriad of distros, I chose seven to trial.

The first is Ubuntu and I discover to my surprise, that I can only
get 1.2x via Synaptic. I read Aleksandr's comment about the Ubuntu
developers and since I'm more interested in Scribus than Ubuntu, I'm
happy to go on to another distro.

These are the ones I have available right now:

btw using an ex-PC laptop with a P3 800mHz and 300+ RAM - if that's
at all useful information.

Simply Mepis 6
Zen 4.2 - have only the live CD - how do I run Scribus this way? I
can always buy the Instal disk!
Kubuntu 6.10 - same issue I suppose.
Damn Small Linux 3.2
Linux Mint 2.2
somewhere around there's a Fedora Core 5 (I think).

Which one/s if any, will run the latest Scribus?

Thanks for a great list - always something of interest on it :-)

Elaine in Brisbane, Australia