[Scribus] Different Distros - update

Jan Claeys lists
Tue Mar 13 20:06:36 CET 2007

On di, 2007-03-13 at 22:30 +1000, Elaine de Saxe wrote:
> The instructions are crystal clear - snag is that the package manager
> I have got didn't read them. There is no ability to ad a new
> repository to my version of Synaptic. When I select 'repository' I'm
> faced with a preference window. There is only one window which has a
> 'new' button and that is 'filter' and it doesn't seem to be relevant
> to what I'm trying to do.

The Synaptic menu option that you need should be between "Preferences" &
"Filters".  If it's not there, then please check if you still have
'software-properties-gtk' installed, because that's the application you
need for editing the package repositories using the GUI (at least, if
you use Ubuntu and not Kubuntu).

BTW: what Ubuntu version are you using?  (The repository configuration
dialog has changed between versions.)

--
Jan Claeys