[Scribus] Short Scribus video tutorials

Riku Leino tsoots
Thu Mar 15 07:22:40 CET 2007

Hi,

I have created a few video tutorials about common questions which every now
and then pop up here or the irc channel #scribus at freenode. The videos can
be found at http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/

This has been an experiment with a really cool desktop recorder called
recordmydesktop and its frontend called gtk-recordmydesktop. I hope these few
videos will convince you to create your own Scribus videos (possibly with
even sound :) I was thinking about spreadding these using youtube or some
other online video service but the quality with youtube just did not make it
worth it.

Videos currently available are:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/applying_styles.ogg
    Three ways to apply styles:
    1. Properties palette 2. Story Editor 3. Get Text... Filters

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/bullets.ogg
    Creating bullet lists (while waiting for the proper implementation)

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/contour_line.ogg
    How can one have some additional space between an image frame
    and the text flowing around it.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/drop_cap.ogg
    Creating and customizing a drop cap. Also introduces baseline
    and text frame columns.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/frame_border.ogg
    Creating and customizing a border for an object frame.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/linking_text-frames_and_polygons.ogg
    Creating text frames, polygons (with a star shape) linking text from
    a text frame to polygons (converting polygons to text frames).
    Text overflow.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/new_doc_tri-fold.ogg
    Creating a three fold document using Manage Guides dialog.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/page_numbers.ogg
    Adding page numbers to a document and customizing sections using
    Document Setup>Sections

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/text_effect_01.ogg
    Converting text to outlines and then to image frames and creating a
    cool effect using content>paste absolute.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/text_effect_02.ogg
    Basic text effects using Properties palette's Text page

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/text_on_path.ogg
    Attaching text to a path and customizing the path and fine tuning
    the text after it has been attached.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/toc.ogg
    Creating a table of content

Riku