[Scribus] Google SoC, update

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder
Thu Mar 15 11:30:01 CET 2007

Hi!

2007/3/15, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:
> Scribus's application to Google Summer of Code 2007 is accepted
That is great news for Scribus :)

> and we
> are now waiting for students to show up and sign for projects we
> listed here:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/SoC2007_ideas
Are you only interested in the projects listed there or would you like
to hear about other ideas too?

I once wrote a prototype of a Python extensions manager (inspired by
Firefox) and wrote some extensions like for example an OpenClipArt
browser (see http://henning.cco-ev.de/scribus/).
If you are interested I would to like to work to work on this topic
again. I think the scripting interface has great potential which is
currently totally underestimated. As part of the project I would like
to find out what is currently missing in the scripting interface and
try to add it.

Regards
Henning