[Scribus] Google Summer of Code 2007

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine
Thu Mar 15 17:09:41 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Timo Stollenwerk wrote:

> Until now I've played around a bit with the generation of .sla files out
> of a cms and layout generation with the scribus python API.
>
> While I was looking for use cases for my thesis I found the proposal of
> the development of a publishing workflow at the scribus bug tracker:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3100
>
> I've contacted the authors of the initial posting and found out that
> they already developed a working solution for an automated publishing
> worklflow with Typo3 and XML Technologies (XML, XSLT, FO) for their T3N
> magazine (www.t3n-magazin.de).
>
> I' going to meet them at March 22th and discuss the integration of
> Scribus as fat-client into their cm-system and I'll take a look at what
> they've archived so far with their automated system. I don't know if
> their current solution is released under an open source licence, but I
> would definitely release my code as open source (if I achieve something
> useful of course).

I don't know yet who is going to be mentor for this SoC project, but I
suggest you teaming up with Oleksandr Moskalenko (malex) and Andreas
Vox (avox) who, to the best of my knowledge, know most about new file
format for Scribus.

Alexandre