[Scribus] Building debug version of Scribus

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000
Sun Mar 18 23:47:42 CET 2007

I can successfully build Scribus 1.3.3.9cvs from sources (Fedora 6),
but in order to debug it easily, I need to build a non-optimized
version, with all the symbols for Scribus itself and similarly for
the libraries it uses, including source line numbering.

The build procedure performed by ./configure and make creates an
executable that is optimized and doesn't have all these symbols.

Can anyone tell me how to create this "debug build" of Scribus?