[Scribus] Producing per-page diffs of PDFs?

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 20 09:10:56 CET 2007

Brian Burger wrote:
> This is more a PDF question and less a Scribus one, but this is still
> the best group I can think of to ask...
>
> Is it possible to produce per-page diffs of two PDFs?

Depending on how the changes are made, yes it probably is. It could be
quite hard to ignore minor changes caused by different export software,
etc, however. Determining what differences are significant in terms of
content changes might not be at all easy, especially as some people care
about some types of formatting & white spaces changes and others don't, etc.

> Anyone know of a script/command/utility that'll do what I want with the
> current PDF version of TC's AIM?

I'm not aware of anything, but others may well be.

It might be possible to use PoDoFo to do something like this if you're
handy with C++, but it would probably be far from trivial, especially as
PoDoFo doesn't provide a content stream parser yet.

--
Craig Ringer