[Scribus] Producing per-page diffs of PDFs?

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 20 16:01:47 CET 2007

Craig Bradney wrote:

> The problem is that text flow over page boundaries will change both text and
> image based page-by-page comparisons.  One new paragraph on page 1 can
> affect the next 250 pages.. if you are unlucky.

In this use case, the OP would end up having to re-print all those pages
anyway. I guess they could hand-write and insert an addendum where the
par was inserted but this could quickly become clumsy and error prone.

A text based diff will actually show a reflow across pages as a series
of pages where there's a new par inserted at the top and (if it
cascades) a par dropped at the bottom. This should be pretty
distinctive. However, if there are columns etc involved things get less
clear cut.

--
Craig Ringer