[Scribus] Importing HTML + Images

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Mar 23 19:09:28 CET 2007

Shane Graber wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to Scribus and I'm trying to understand how Scribus
> imports data from other formats.  What I'd like to be able to do is to
> import XHTML into Scribus along with any relative linked images.  So
> far I see it's pretty straight forward to import HTML but the relative
> linked images don't come along with the text.  Is there a way to bring
> the images in along with the text?

I could be out of date, but I don't think so.

It may well be reasonably easy to extend the HTML importer to use Qt's
HTTP and URL-handling facilities to download images and save them to a
local directory (if not already local URLs). From there it should be
possible to add image frames for them.

This would require modifying the C++ HTML import plugin, and before
starting on anything like that I'd check with Riku in case he (a) has a
better version already in the works or (b) didn't support image import
for reasons beyond just time and need in the first place.

Craig Ringer