[Scribus] 40% increase in executable size since 1.3.3.6...what changed?

Michael Koren kung42o
Sat Mar 24 18:31:27 CET 2007

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Michael Koren wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not a big deal, but I just noticed ugrading from 1.3.3.6 to 1.3.3.8 that
>> /usr/bin/scribus went from 6.5 to 9 MB. That struck me as a little odd,
>> isn't that a big change for a stable series? Were there really changes
>> that
>> substantial, or is the build just somehow different?
>
> Are both binaries stripped? If one is and one is not, that'd explain the
> difference.
>
> Alternately: Different compiler / compiler version / compiler flags?

They're both stripped, both from the prebuilt deb packages. Compiler may be
different, but I don't think there was much difference in size between the
breezy and dapper packages in previous versions.