[Scribus] PDF generated from Scribus doesn't print right

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Tue Mar 27 20:13:02 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 19:03, John Beale wrote:
>  > I generated this PDF with Scribus:
>  > http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/probPDF/problem.pdf
>  > and although it opens fine on Adobe Reader, whenever I try to print it
>  > result is half a page of pixelated content, along with a perfect half...
>
> Adobe Acrobat 7 for Windows XP reports the above PDF document is 16.5 x
> 11.7" in size, and it is just a lossy-compressed bitmap, without vector or
> font info. Is that what you intended? Is this your original layout or was

Yes, this is intended.

> this scanned in from an existing print? I only have a US letter-sized

Precisely.

> printer (8.5 x 11 inches) but for what it is worth, when asked to print
> just page 1, Acrobat 7 did print out the first page correctly (the one that
> is shown pixellized in your PNG example)

Thanks for the info. We need to see if this is a Linux/Ghostscript related
issue only.

This was tested on two printers with the same Linux version, and we got the
pixelized result on both.

>  > http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/probPDF/print_result.png

Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt