[Scribus] PDF generated from Scribus doesn't print right

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Wed Mar 28 02:57:24 CEST 2007

> > Thanks for the general advice but I think this is a bug. Don't you agree?
> >
> > Now, whose bug is this?
>
> Well, you've convinced me that it's an intriguing problem :-)

Finally :-)

> Ok, off my head I see several possibilities:
>
> * double scaling as I said before. Different rasterizes use different
> algorithms to interpolate data when scaling bitmaps. It could be that
> Acrobat does a better job at that than your printer driver (ghostscript?).
>
> * genuine bug in the printer driver

I don't think it is the printer driver, since this was tested on two different
printers.

> * problems with jpg compression
>
> I'd say it's well worth to investigate this, even if all what comes out is
> a new warning for Scribus's preflighter.

I opened this bug report

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5491

to track it.

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt