[Scribus] Linked Text Frames

Paul Fine pfine
Wed Mar 28 20:37:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am new here, and new to Scribus (and DTP, for that matter).  I just
took over a newsletter that my wife had been publishing.  She had been
using a combination of both MS Publisher and Pagemaker.  I transferred
to whole thing into Scribus and I am quite happy with the results.

I still have a few issues that I am working through, all but one of them
I have found potential solutions on the mailing list archives, so I
won't post them here yet.

The one issue I can't seem to find has to do with linking text frames.
I know that I can flow text from one frame to another, and I have done
this successfully.  What I can't find is how to link text frames so that
changing one text frame will be reflected in another.

The specific example :

The newsletter has an issue number which is incremented every month.
This issue appears at the top of every left hand page, and also on the
cover page.  The instance on every lefthand page is easily handled by
putting it in the Master Page, but I want to link the frame on the cover
so that I only have to change the issue number in one place. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks