[Scribus] Linked content

Axel Bojer axelb
Thu Mar 29 22:31:34 CEST 2007

Michael Koren skrev:

> Paul Fine-2 wrote:
>> The newsletter has an issue number which is incremented every month.
>> This issue appears at the top of every left hand page, and also on the
>> cover page.  The instance on every lefthand page is easily handled by
>> putting it in the Master Page, but I want to link the frame on the cover
>> so that I only have to change the issue number in one place. Is there a
>> way to do this?
>>

> Hmm, linked content. That would be very useful and I think I've wanted to do
> it before too, but I don't think you can at the moment.

Is it not just to put in on the master page. Then it should appear on
all the pages having this as their master page? It would perhaps be
possible to improve this by letting all pages have more than one master
page each, that way you could have for instance the logo on one master
page and some other changing elements on others, then Sribus would just
merge them together?

But for now, the pages sharing one master page have to share *alle?
their content, and that, perhaps is not what Michael wants?

Best regards
Axel Bojer