[Scribus] Text frame border from clipart

Owen rcook
Sat Mar 31 05:06:20 CEST 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
martal <martin at tigh-design.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello Scribus forum, my first post
>
> With SerifPagePlus in XP, I make a breakfast menu sheet for my guesthouse.
> Four text boxes/frames to the A4 page. Print 10 pages at a time. Careful
> text positioning.
>
> Each text box/frame has a neat border, a Celtic knot small image repeated,
> which I just chose from the Serif gallery and applied as a border.
>
> There is a similar image in the OOo gallery:
> /usr/share/openclipart/png/decorations/decorazione_architetto_f_01.png
>
> Can I get Scribus to apply this border for a text frame, or any image for a
> text frame? Is it possible, at current release?

You will probably have to construct it yourself. Download http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/Decoration.svg and import into a new scribus document, then upgroup it which will allow you to remove the border to the decoration if you want.

I am not sure of your end product look and shape, but that will give you a start. When finished , save it as a template for future use.

Owen