[Scribus] Image resolution

william f. maddock billsey
Wed May 2 04:15:35 CEST 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 9:08 AM, m8130 at abc.se wrote:

>> I believe mine, an HP5000, changes the size of the dots, and has a
>> true 1200 dpi resolution.
>
> That's what I learned from our color laser at work (don't remember the
> model, it's not a high end model though but it is a HP). The manual
> said
> that as a 600 DPI color laser it also printed 600 PPI, i.e. full color
> range in each dot.

That is physically impossible. In a laser printer a dot is either on or
off, you cannot vary the intensity. There is no way they can get full
color range from one dot. The manual might claim that but it is not
possible. Either you misread or (surprise, surprise) HP is lying.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey